Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008 pre race day !!!!

OMG !! It is here !!! I can not believe it !12 weeks have come and gone and its here ...it is finally here ! I want to wish everyone running the best of luck for a great, safe run. Picking up the packet last night was so exciting and a bit emotional. Wasn't sure if my stress fracture would have healed by this time and thankfully it has. I am sure that the running Gods and my Mom were on my side for a speedy recovery!(four weeks isn't speedy it felt like a lifetime, but it surely could have been longer).
Thanks to everyone from the GTD team, trainers, fellow runners, WKTV, ECR Intl,volunteers, friends, coworkers, my brother Art,(who encouraged me to lose all the weight I did, so this is even a possibility this year and is running too ), my Dad (who is the greatest supporter and the bestest Dad !), my husband Jim (for also adapting a healthy lifestyle with me and is running for the first time ever this Boilermaker 2008..hoping to beat him though!) and my son Travis (who has been encouraging me, inspiring me, and has been extremely patient with me during the last 12 weeks. Training was time consuming, and took time to get used to BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT) !

My first Boilermaker is dedicated in memory of my Mom who passed away during a heart transplant. I miss and love her deeply ! I hope to do her proud, and finish on two feet !

THANK YOU EVERYONE ! BEST OF LUCK ! SEE YOU AT THE FINISH !

No comments: