Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Stretch Run!

I must admit, I've been a bad bad blogger. Shame on me. Except for a select few, so have you! However I'm back, you know why? I'm am so impressed with this years crew! You all ran nine miles on Monday and did in just about two hours or less. I'm so inspired. Whether you left early or started on time you all ran wonderfully. I'm so proud how you all perserveered. You all rallied around each other to accomplish this tremendously difficult goal. This may or may not be a life-changer for you all, but it is certainly something you will never forget for the rest of your lives. I can honestly say I'm proud to be associated with this years group and hope that you all come back and help out next year.
Special thanks of course goes out to my partner-in-crime. Joe has had another tough year(isn't that every year Joe?). I know he'll make it again...31 and counting my good friend.
Thanks to all my Committee members for coming back and supporting the new group.
Thanks to Chris and Joanne for providing knowledge and leadership.
Thanks to Joe and his loyal bike patrol, without you, I couldn't sleep at night, worrying about the runners safety.
A thanks of course to Chief Hydration officer Sue and her crew (i'm thirsty thinking about it).
See you all on week 12 and please...NO MORE INJURIES!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jason ~ I couldn't agree with you any more, this team is truly unbelievable. They all have came a long way since their first run at MVCC to the whole course last night. Each member of the team truly amazed me to see the time and dedication that each of them put forth on a weekly basis. It was a wonderful experience to watch each one get better each week and each training run. They all did a wonderful job!

Joe ~ we are all thinking of you and hoping that you will be able to do your 31st Boilermaker with the group. You are a true inspiration to the new team and all of us other runners!! You keep us all motivated to keep coming back for more.

Bike Patrol ~ What we would have done without your support. Thanks once again for another good year watching over all of us. You really kept us on our toes all the time.

Hydration officer (Sue and crew) ~ thanks so much for the water stops they really kept us going for those long runs. It was always nice to know that we had that cold water waiting for us at the end of our races. Great brunch as well.

Tricia and George ~ You both are great, hope all is well with the both of you and we hope to see you there.

Good luck to all running the Boilermaker!!