Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We're almost there!!

Just 5 days to go until the big day and I am psyched! We've all done so well and, like Kim, am amazed that I've made it and am ready to run. What a great training program and what a great team! There are so many to thank for getting us to this point - Jason and Joe W. : There are not enough to words to thank you for all you've done. WKTV: Thanks for the sponsorship and for Andrew whose computer expertise was so instrumental to the success of the GTD web site and blogs. To Kim, Bonnie and the rest of the runners who not only inspired us but helped with great advice and incomparable encouragement: Thanks for all your time and your caring. To Sue and Erica and all the other water station volunteers: We literally could not have done it without you. To Joe and the members of the bike patrol: Thanks for keeping us safe while running the streets amidst traffic, rain storms, etc. To ECR: Thanks for letting us use your parking lot and facilities every Monday night. Last, but certainly not least, thanks to Earle Reed for creating the Boilermaker, sponsoring our Babe's celebration, and our commemorative t-shirts. SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY!!

3 comments:

denese said...

I just want to wish all of the runners with the GTD team a great Boilermaker! I will not be running as I had planned due to being temporarily sidelined but my family and I plan to be on the route cheering you all on!
I can't wait to see my sisters-in-law "duke it out" on the course. My sons will have the double-sided sign claiming each aunt to be the best!! We will of course yell just as loud to the Greatest Teacher in the World: Anne Sheehan! Joe C., I will be excited to see you run by and hope we will see you at the festivities afterward!
Congratulations to you all and enjoy every (even painful!) moment. I have a feeling the 5K we did will pale in comparison to what you are about to experience! Hopefully next year I will be joining you. Regardless, it was a pleasure to meet some of you!

Denese (Kim S's sister-in-law)

PS - Go, Kim...beat Debbie!
PPS - If Debbie is reading this...Go, Debbie...beat Kim!

Unknown said...

Carol ~ Good Luck in the Boilermaker!!! I am very happy that I had gotten to know you through this program; you are a true inspiration to me. You have done very well these past 12 weeks and I am very excited for you and the whole GTD team. This program is the BEST to get each of you prepared for the race, as you have experienced. This program not only helps the new team and us veterans of the program. This truly helped me this year as well since I need the support of the group. I was happy that I could help all of you this year. I enjoyed watching each of you progress each week and to give you tips, words of wisdom and encouragement. You all deserve a round of applause.

Denese ~ Thanks for the encouragement!! I hope that I beat my sister (Deb) but I have a feeling that she is going to beat me.

Denese ~ I am going to beat the pants off of Kim this year and I had to come home from Omaha to prove that I'm a better runner even though I just turned 50 this year. I am very happy that I came home to run with my favorite sister, Kim in this race. I LOVE YOU KIM! Deb

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!

kim wilder said...

Carol I couldnt have said it any better. I too credit Jason, Joe W, the bike patrol, Kim S, Sue and Erica W, Earle and Tim Reed,Bonnie, the GTD team, and all the runners that joined our runs for making this such a true reality. Each and everyone of you has a part in my transformation from a totally non-runner to an adicted runner ! I so looked forward to running and our talks afterwards, and hope we continue weekly after the BIG day ! What great bonding friendships we have all made. And Carol you have totally inspired me more than anything ! Your signicant weight loss, your determination, and dedication is stupendous (yes I got out my Thesaurus !) I am thinking our Mothers are up there smiling down upon us, and I know they are both darn proud of us and what we have achieved in the last 12 weeks. God bless you for all that you went through in the last 12 weeks ! three more days ! BRING IT ON !!!